Sunday, July 02, 2006

Welcome!

Hello, and welcome to the Cool Tunes for Kids blog site. This is meant to highlight some of my favorite kids' music that I've come across since I started creating and performing kids' music a few years ago. I've received several comments much like this one from Sharon Drury in Utah, "Why aren't there more artists like you with awesome music like this for our kids?" Of course, the answer is that there are many other artists with cool tunes for kids, and that is one of the reasons I'm doing this blog.

This is not meant to be a 'review' site, per se, but if you're a kid's music artist and you'd like me to check out your music and possibly feature it here, or if you're a parent or kid who likes a particular kids' music artist, then please go to the following link for information about music submissions. No guarantees, though, as far as if or when I'll be able to feature anything in particular. I've already got a pretty big list of things I want to add here, and for the most part I'll only be featuring things that have had a really big impact on me in some way or other, or which I think are particularly noteworthy.

And yes, since it's my blog, I'll be passing along some news and information now and then about my own kids' music, and also adding some of my comments about the genre in general and my experiences and thoughts about creating and performing music for kids.

Where I can obtain permission from the artists or their reps, I'll be adding sound samples to the articles, so you can listen to what you're reading about. I'll also be doing some interviews and special features from time to time. I hope you and your kids enjoy some of the music featured here, and maybe discover some cool stuff you hadn't heard before.

Best,
Eric Herman

2 comments:

Eric Herman said...

Hi, Devon. That would be cold cans of Squirt, right? :o)

Best,
EH

Eric Herman said...

Good. I have those, too.